Your digital marketing strategy is likely to fall flat if your website’s appearance on Google search fails to make an impression on your target audience.
However, you might be surprised to know that you can change how your website appears on Google Search. If you’re wondering how you can go about doing it, read on.
In this article, you’ll get to know everything about Google Search Console and how you can use its Search Appearance feature to tweak your website’s appearance according to the latest digital marketing and SEO trends.
So, without any further delay, let’s get into it.
What are Google Search Console and its Search Appearance feature?
Google Search Console is a revamped version of Google Webmaster Tools, and it’s a tool that any top-notch digital marketing agency relies on. The tool offers a variety of features that can assess the various SEO aspects of your website – from the implementation of redirects to backlink checks and beyond. Search Appearance happens to be one of those business features for growth.
Search Appearance is a commonly used feature of Google Search Console for duplicating meta tag checks and implementing structured data. Read on for more in-depth information on how the feature and its various sub-sections can help your brand’s SEO campaign.
Rich Cards utilize schema data for displaying content in a format that engages your target audience. The Rich Card sub-section of the Google Search Console displays a report consisting of schema data, app indexing, rich snippets, and AMP. This report can come in handy for you in terms of knowing errors in your Rich Cards after you have created them.
Some of the things you can change using the Rich Card sub-section include the following:
- The schema data
- The content of the Rich Cards you’ve created
- Remove Rich Cards
If you detect any errors in your Rich Cards, in all probability, they aren’t being displayed by Google in its SERPs. In such a scenario, you should make the most of the sub-sections features to rectify the errors, so the Rich Cards are displayed by Google.
The Structured Data sub-section becomes of significance immediately after the structured data code has been incorporated into your website. The primary focus of this sub-section is on the analysis and correct implementation of structured data that is shared. If there were any errors in the incorporation of the structured data code, this sub-section would allow you to identify them and make changes if necessary.
Once an error is found, fixing it boils down to the developer, the webmaster, and of course, you. Structured data isn’t important in terms of your Google rankings. However, rectifying the errors is recommended for offering a better experience to the users who visit your website.
Errors in structured data implementation must be analyzed individually through the Structured Data report. The errors that matter most in relation to your target audience are the ones you should focus on. Using the Structured Data Testing Tool is recommended to ensure that the changes made to the structured data have the desired effect. If not, you can send the developers the report and facilitate further changes.
The HTML Improvements sub-section analyzes the website’s metadata to check for errors. For instance, if a meta description exceeds the recommended word count, you can find the error displayed in this sub-section. Here’s how you can fix the most commonly encountered errors in HTML Improvements:
- Title tag and meta description length: If your title tags and meta descriptions are too lengthy, you must revise them manually. Title tags shouldn’t be more than 70 characters (including spaces), and meta descriptions should stay within the 120 – 150 characters range.
- Duplicate meta descriptions: If multiple meta descriptions are the same across your web pages, you can review the pages and make the appropriate changes. Some web pages may get indexed twice due to URL parameter-related problems as well.
- Missing title or description: If one or more pages are missing titles or descriptions, the HTML Improvements report will show you the pages that are missing the information. You can add the information manually.
The Data Highlighter sub-section allows websites with a lot of rich snippets to pair the website’s elements. This sub-section is particularly of use to websites that feature products, services, reviews, and events.
You can use the ‘Start Highlighting’ button to highlight the elements across your web pages, following which you can pair them. The sub-section also offers thorough information on the changes you make.
Accelerated Mobile Pages
The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) sub-section is used in digital marketing for business growth to drive Google search results on mobile devices and platforms. Your AMP strategy should consist of enhancing the performance of your server and improving the load times of your web pages. Some of the things you can use this sub-section for include:
- Checking AMP implementation and the templating of your mobile website.
- Using the AMP test tool for identifying areas that need to be altered.
By following the digital marketing trends mentioned above, you can improve the appearance, visibility, and click-through rate of your website. A reliable and well-experienced digital marketing agency can also help you create an enticing appearance for your website on Google Search.
Aaron Hanson works as a Digital Marketer with https://www.e-intelligence.in, a digital marketing company with offices in the UK and India. He works passionately to find innovative solutions for digital marketing pain points and loves to share his expertise with anyone who needs it.
- Blogger and Educator by Passion | Senior Online Media & PR Strategist at ClickDo Ltd. | Contributor to many Education, Business & Lifestyle Blogs in the United Kingdom & Germany | Summer Course Student at the London School of Journalism and Course Instructor at the SeekaHost University.
- WordPress2022.11.11Do No Follow Links help you rank higher in Search Results?
- Health2022.09.024 Ways To Overcome a Fear of The Dentist
- Home & Living2022.08.105 Best Tree Pruning Services – Which is Most suitable for you and your garden?
- Business2022.07.04How To Prevent Rejected Or Reduced Trade Credit Insurance for Businesses?